Number of participants
The workshop was discussed the following topics:
- Improving technical secondary education and labor skills to meet the needs of the market through improving curricula, training teachers, and linking with the private sector;
- Promoting innovation and quality assurance at technical schools;
- Establishing partnerships between businesses and technical schools in order to understand skills needed for employment, create a pool of qualified candidates, and link students with jobs through career centers and employment fairs;
- Improving the performance of the private sector though enhanced labor productivity gained via in-house training and improved human resource strategies that reduce turnover; and
- Building the capacity of business associations to advocate for policy and regulatory reforms related to workforce development and labor market efficiency.