Business Women of Egypt 21 Association BWE21, a self-financed nonprofit NGO that seeks to create a stimulating Ecosystem for women entrepreneurs to help start and grow their business.
BWE21 was established in 1998, concerned with making a difference in the Egyptian economy, with 450+ Businesswomen members. 98% of which are SMEs, 2% are large companies, 40% are Women on Board, 50% are Manufacturers, and 50% are Service Providers, with 30K hired Employees & Workers, out of which 70% are women, and a total of EGP4 Billion turnover.
BWE21 members are divided into 11 sectors/industries, taking into consideration the Global Industry Classification Standard GICS for Sectors. We succeeded in building the first database for women entrepreneurs in Egypt.
- Establish an economic information bank to help develop women small and medium enterprises.
- Raise awareness about the ecosystem that supports women in business at a national level.
- Strengthen strategic partnerships with the government along with the national private sector in order to provide national pilot programs. Such programs aim to educate women on entrepreneurship, project management, vocational training, and life skills along with career counseling programs.
- Develop and manage international partnerships to support businesswomen.
- Contribute to advocacy, law reform, and policy setting that support women’s work environment.
- Direct the social responsibility efforts of partners and the private sector as well as initiating multiple networks that aim to support the implementation of BWE21’s strategy.
- Design and implement awareness campaigns as well as organize annual conferences and specialized workshops that contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the association.
Through our business development services and expertise, we seek to empower and positively affect women businesses by creating strong networks to exchange the best practices nationally & internationally.
BWE21 vision to empower women economically to contribute to the growth of the Egyptian Economy. We aim to unleash the potential of women to fulfill their ambitions by creating a stimulating and enabling business environment. Continuous development for the Egyptian economy, by economically empowering women in all sectors, BWE21 contributes to developing the capabilities of Egyptian businesswomen, and assist in their success through our business development services, networking and international partnerships. We developed a community of businesswomen, and established the power of networks.
BWE21 recognizes the economic challenges that face working women of today and emphasizes its role in addressing these challenges. We support women by developing their skills and strengthening their economic power for the sake of their career growth. Our goal is to build a national platform to provide solutions and direct initiatives relevant to the growth of women’s SMEs in Egypt. We base our plans on a strategic and methodical long-term framework. Our work includes strategic directions, action taking, and developing the discipline of prioritizing. BWE21 strategy translates the operational plans and puts them into effect, with the main aim of achieving the vision of BWE21 to empowering women.
BWE21 aims at creating a stimulating business environment that allows SMEs to grow especially in areas of entrepreneurship and empowering businesswomen.
Develop the role of businesswomen leaders and women in senior management positions in decision-making.
Shaping trends in business & economic development in Egypt.
Contribute to advocacy, law reform, and policy setting that support women’s work environment.
Direct the social responsibility efforts of partners and the private sector as well as initiating multiple networks that aim at supporting the implementation of BWE21’s strategy.
Design and implement awareness campaigns as well as organize annual conferences and specialized workshops that contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the association.
Enhance the development of BWE21 as a national platform for economic development, attracting partners and donors to design and implement national and international initiatives as well as practices that serve the business growth of Egyptian businesswomen.
Commitment to members and society, sharing knowledge, best practices, continuous learning, and support business sustainability…