The importance of women’s entrepreneurship for economic growth is increasingly being recognized in the Middle East and North Africa. with women owned business being recognized for contributing to economic growth, wealth creation and creating employment opportunities for other women.
This forum therefore seeks to bring together leading business women from the North and East of Africa to network, share experiences and best practices, build new partnerships and collaborations, explore opportunities and motivate and inspire one another.
Expected Outcome of the Forum:
- Improved Trade Relations between Business women from North and East Africa.
- North–East collaboration geared towards supporting development of local manufacturing industry for mutual benefit of both regions
- Establishment of the North- East Sister to sister business programme.
- Business expo for the two African regions established and a launch date agreed
- Gender sensitive North and East Africa Trade Agreements developed
- New market opportunities and business linkages established
- Facilitate collaborative learning programme for sharing of best practices and mentorship connections to increase success rates for women in business
- Created opportunity to improve and strengthen sector based women Associations
Banking & Financial Services
Engineering/Petroleum/Construction & Real Estate
Extractive Industries and Gemstones Mining
Fashion & Handicrafts (Textiles & Apparels)
Food, Beverages & Agribusiness
Medical & Pharmaceutical
Tourism, Hospitality & Service Industries
Trading & Export
PROPOSED CONFERENCE PROGRAM:
|5th of September||Arrival and check in|
National Park safari
Welcome cocktail at The Tribe Hotel
|Thursday 6th September||Morning||Registration Opening session
H.E Mrs Margaret Kenyatta Respective Ambassadors ADBF BANK
|Mid-Morning||Panel Discussion Interrogating trade agreements/policies (wearing a gender lense)
|Afternoon||My Journey – Motivational speakers|
|Evening||Dinner in the Bush – Winsdor Hotel|
|Friday 7th September||Morning||Registration
1. Business opportunities between north and East Africa.
2. Market Access and MARKETS information
|Mid- Morning||Sister to sister match making session|
|Early Afternoon||Company Visit|
|Evening||Dinner at the Carnivore restaurant|
|8th September||Check out|